[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Oct 11 11:43:25 CEST 2005

On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 01:05:01PM +0200, Adam Tla??ka wrote:
> Dnia Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:30:22 +0200, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>
> napisa??:
>
> >On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 12:22:00PM +0200, Adam Tla??ka wrote:
> >>
> >>I am sending a small patch which adds "\r\n" (DOS line endings) to
> >>dump_srt function which is a bug correction because SRT is really a
> >>DOS format and will not be properly read with Unix like "\n" line
> >>endings.
> >>
> >>Next is some additional debug info in adjust_subs_time function which
> >>helps us to find incorrect subtitle lines.
> >
> >If you make independent changes, send them as separate patches.
> OK now you have them in separate files.
>
> >Your patch contains cosmetic whitespace changes, remove them.
> OK.
>
> >Patch rejected.
> Nice ;-)) two blank lines and so many time wasted to this comversation
> and making two independent diff files.

OK, this thread is obviously going nowhere.  So far I would consider it
a textbook example of a pointless flamewar.  I'm dropping the patch from
my tracker, there is far too much noise in this thread.

Adam, if you (still) think your patches are worthwhile, repost them in
two different threads where they can be evaluated afresh.  Should you
decide to do this please provide a detailed pro/con analysis of your
patches and explain in detail what the problem is.  Also provide some
proof, for example the claim that the Windows command line interpreter
cannot handle Unix line endings took us out on a far tangent.

Also, you will have to do everything you can to keep it as
non-inflammatory as possible.

Good luck.

Diego

P.S.: It would help the readability of your messages if you inserted a
blank line between your answer and the text you quote.  Thanks.