[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Oct 11 11:03:31 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:10:50AM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 17:33:48 -0400
> Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 12:00:06AM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> > > Second patch is commited.
> > > This code is mine and I agree that it should have always been in cr/lf format.
> >
> > And reversed.
>
> WTF ARE YOU DOING?

Not taking sides, and just stating my view of how development is
supposed to work here:

> Ivan said that code blongs to him. _HE_ decided that the
> patch should be accepted. And _HE_ is the only one that
> has the _final_ decission over this matter.

He is not even listed as the maintainer. And even being a maintainer
doesn't mean you can just do what you want.
Just commiting a patch that other developers have spoken up against is
at least rude, and Ivan is one of those whose has complained loudest
about such things in the past (esp. towards Diego).

> But you have to abide our rules on never messing with
> code that belongs to someone else without asking first.

Because IMHO Ivan has messed with the (unwritten) rule to listen to what
others have to say. I would assume it wasn't intentional, but still.
And now I even replied to a thread that has long gone beyond the point of
being pointless, with everyone claiming to be right while no-one is.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger