[MPlayer-dev-eng] question about help_mp.h messages

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Oct 11 04:33:50 CEST 2005

Paul TT wrote:

> there are a lot of messages encoded in sources files. so, IMHO this
> is ok for the big part of them, but for some of them (read: for the
> ones printed out in normal, not verbose, mode, by mplayer when
> playing files) i think it would be nicer to have a translation...
>
> so the real ;-) question is: can i develop a patch for those messages
> (like "Building audio filter chain" or "Selected audio codec"...
> etc)??

If you're talking about moving them to help/help_mp-en.h, and creating
#define names for them - yes, certainly, go right ahead; that's on the
list of things which need to be done, it's just that no one seems to
actually do it. (I was working on it in passing at one point, but never
got remotely finished.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.