[MPlayer-dev-eng] Problem with building Mplayer OS X

Ergzay ergzay at everyoneproductions.com
Fri Oct 7 20:55:16 CEST 2005

While following the instructions that come with the Mac OS X binary for
building the CVS into a Mac OS X application, compiling fails inside
the noaltivec section of the build process.
Just for extra info here is the configure line I used as said in
instructions.
./configure --with-termcaplib=ncurses.5 --disable-gl --disable-x11
--disable-altivec

Just in case some of you forget when you compile for making the OS X
application you edit config.mak changing -mcpu=G3 and -mtune=G3 to G3
from 74xx.

When compiling it gives an error saying that VCD isn't supported on
this architecture.

cc -c -I../libvo -I../../libvo  -O4 -mcpu=G3 -mtune=G3 -pipe
-ffast-math  -I.. -I../loader    -I../libavutil -I../libavcodec
-I../libavformat    -o stream_vcd.o stream_vcd.c
In file included from stream_vcd.c:25:
vcd_read.h:246:2: #error vcd is not yet supported on this arch...
stream_vcd.c: In function `open_s':
stream_vcd.c:74: error: `mp_vcd_priv_t' undeclared (first use in this
function)
stream_vcd.c:74: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
stream_vcd.c:74: error: for each function it appears in.)
stream_vcd.c:74: error: `vcd' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [stream_vcd.o] Error 1
make: *** [libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a] Error 2

Because there isn't an option in configure to turn off VCD I tried to
manually turn it off by editing config.h and changing
#define HAVE_VCD 1
#define HAVE_VCD 0
which didn't work. So, currently compiling mplayer for OS X is
currently broke. If this bug could get fixed soon please.

I tried a different hack by editing the configure file to set it to
always not detect VCD. I changed
if linux || bsdos || freebsd || netbsd || sunos || darwin ; then
if linux || bsdos || freebsd || netbsd || sunos ; then
so that it would always fail doing VCD check on darwin.
I tried this and the compile works. I haven't tried running the binary
on a G3 yet though.

I don't have the skills to make a patch to fix this, but all that
should be needed would be an extra if line in the configure checking to
see if you were compiling for G3.