[MPlayer-dev-eng] Compiling on C3-2 Nehemiah

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Oct 6 19:28:24 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 10:20:39PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > anybody, ok to commit and drop sse => mmx2 implication?

Yes, but IMHO only if you do it also for xmm and kni (or anything
speaking against that?).

> It seems to me that SSE is just another name for MMX2.

Not from looking at the code. IIRC MMX2 at least there means 64 bit
register bit some additional instructions (e.g. the shuffle
instruction).
SSE on the other hand mean 128 bit registers.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger