[MPlayer-dev-eng] Help, im trying to enhance a codec, and i dont know whats going wrong.

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 15:07:28 CEST 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 10:53:43PM +1100, Steven Johnson wrote:
>
>> Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Oct 06, 2005 at 10:22:29PM +1100, Steven Johnson wrote:
>>
>> Should I also be using mplayer CVS, im currently using 1.0pre7try2?
>
> Yes, always.

As a matter of fact, unless I'm *very* much mistaken (in which case it
should be changed immediately), the bug-reporting documentation (which
the "MPlayer crashed" message told you to read) specifically says as
much. It also tells you to provide certain other information, which you
left out; that's fortunate in this instance, because the information is
not really wanted unless the crash occurs in the CVS version.

I'm not really a hardline "users are idiots" kind of person, but it does
tend to annoy me when people ignore the content of the very error
message which led them to post here... which, unfortuately, happens with
noticeable frequency.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.