[MPlayer-dev-eng] -mieee CFLAG missing on alpha (patch included)

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Tue Nov 29 22:43:54 CET 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hi,
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 02:55:03PM +0100, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
>> I don't think that any dev has access to such a [splendid kick-ass ]
>> machine, so unless someone strongly disagrees, I'm gonna trust you
>> Thomas that it works, and commit smth similar to CVS during the week.
>
> I disagree. It may work, but it is the wrong way to fix it. The problem
> here probably is a division by zero that should be fixed in CVS already.

I agree.

I use Alpha, and MP3s work fine on it.  It may have been fixed
in CVS.  I don't remember when it got fixed, but I recall that I
was involved in the patch.

Anyways, -mieee should *NOT* be used for CFLAGS.  I believe that
it produces slower code (anybody know for sure?), which is a bad
idea for processor-intensive programs.

Options that I endorse:

  - get the CVS version
  - release pre8

--
|Andrew A. Gill                       |I posted to Silent-Tristero and|
|<superluser at frontiernet.net>         |all I got was this stupid sig! |
|Yet: <http://www.needsfoodbadly.com>                 Temporary sig: --

I'd go for CVS.