[MPlayer-dev-eng] Another ATSC "a52: CRC check failed" problem

Scott W. Larson scowl at pacifier.com
Tue Nov 29 07:58:16 CET 2005

Unlike my previous one, I think this is actually related to AC-3
packets. The clip to reproduce the problem (sent to me by someone else)
is here:

    http://home.pacifier.com/~scowl/hdtv/foxksaz.ts

This seems to be a problem in the "A52 WITH HEADER" part of the code in
libmpdemux/demux_ts.c. If I change the code to not skip over the header,
namely:

    diff -r1.39 demux_ts.c
    1318,1319c1318,1319
    <                       es->start   = p+4;
    <                       es->size    = packet_len - 4;
    ---
    >                       es->start   = p;
    >                       es->size    = packet_len;

then the "CRC check failed!" errors go away. Are we sure this is the
right way to handle this case?