[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [SURVEY] change default CPU target when compiled with runtime CPU detection

Paul TT paultt at hackerjournal.it
Tue Nov 15 15:33:58 CET 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 09:37:16 +0100
Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 11/12/05, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > By default, debian dpkg script compiles MPlayer with runtime CPU
> > detection, which is IMHO very bad!
>
> No comment on this? Does it mean that I can remove "runtime cpu
> detection" from the default debian dpkg script without triggering a
> torrent of complains?

IMHO, repeat, O ;-), it's ok to remove that. i, and some friends of mine
already compile it without that conf option...

maybe you would comment that line and add a line without
--enable-runtime-detection, which will be the default....
just to be notified if someone has something to say.

the ones who will be deploying their own packages, will take care of
this by themself, i think... i think they already change
debian/changelog file/version sub#, so this is not a big overwork...
not to say that "thou shalt build yer owne packagge!!!!!" is over and
over told!

MHO, as i said.
ptt