[MPlayer-dev-eng] New patched svgalib_helper-1.9.23 that works with kernel 2.6

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Nov 13 03:49:47 CET 2005

I'm sure many remember this patched version of svgalib's kernel helper
that allows vidix to access the vga without root priviledges.

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/contrib/svgalib/

I'm also sure many remember that there were problems ever since kernel 2.6
came out.

Well, I'm happy to announce that the latest (1.9.23) svgalib kernel helper
works (almost [1]) fine and I have patched it the same way Alex did
1.9.17. Tarball attached. Someone please post it under the above URL.

Regards,
R.

[1] Well, I seem to get picture corruption if I play movies larger
than 640x480 but I think it may be due to limited video memory.