[MPlayer-dev-eng] vidix status??

Måns Rullgård mru at inprovide.com
Mon Nov 7 15:10:48 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun said:
> On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 12:47:25AM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> >
>> > They can't and if they have done so behind your back maybe it's time to
>> > send them an angry mail.
>>
>> see
>> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/vidix/vidix/NEWS?rev=1.2&view=markup
>> I have no clue what "added new licence: LGPL" is supposed to mean
>> though.
>> Intelligently it does not have a README file, so it's hard to find out
>> what it is supposed to apply to - actually after grepping through the
>> source tree, I did not find a single reference to the LGPL except that
>> one (and grepping for "Lesser" does not give any results outside the
>> license text itself either).
>> This definitly is very weird.
>
> Yes.  I've CCed Mans Rullgard to this mail, he works on the vidix.sf.net
> project.  Mans, maybe you can shine some light on the situation?

Some time ago (I can't remember when), Nick wanted to change the license to
LGPL, and was trying to get permission from the authors to do so.  I agreed
to change the license of the parts I contributed.  Nick later commited the
actual change to CVS, so I assumed he had permission from the other authors.
If this was in error, I suggest you contact him about it.

--
Måns Rullgård
mru at inprovide.com