[MPlayer-dev-eng] Seeking in demux_ogg

jkoleszar at on2.com jkoleszar at on2.com
Fri Nov 11 17:25:45 CET 2005

The recent activity of the patch to demux_ogg motivated me to ask for a
bit of help on a problem I'm having in demux_ogg. I'm hacking in support
for OggPCM, a raw format that's not even fully defined at this point, so
don't be surprised if you haven't heard of it. Think of it as WAV for Ogg
streams.

Basically, I have mencoder creating the streams via '-oac pcm', muxing
into an ogg container via a new muxer_ogg. mplayer is able to demux the
stream via demux_ogg, and the stream plays fine. My problem is that trying
to seek (forward or back) always just reads util EOF, ie, it never seems
to recapture sync.

The stream should be pretty similar to vorbis, in that granulepos is
defined as the number of samples since BOS. My guess is that I missed one
of the special cases where it evaluates vorbis vs flac vs theora, but if
someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

John