[MPlayer-dev-eng] vidix status??

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Nov 7 00:47:25 CET 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 12:18:43AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 10:11:12PM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > But again, how they can switch the license without asking other authors,
> > like me? So we can definitely sync it back.
>
> They can't and if they have done so behind your back maybe it's time to
> send them an angry mail.

see http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/vidix/vidix/NEWS?rev=1.2&view=markup
I have no clue what "added new licence: LGPL" is supposed to mean
though.
Intelligently it does not have a README file, so it's hard to find out
what it is supposed to apply to - actually after grepping through the
source tree, I did not find a single reference to the LGPL except that
one (and grepping for "Lesser" does not give any results outside the
license text itself either).
This definitly is very weird.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger