[MPlayer-dev-eng] manual note about -dumpsrtsub option

Adam Tlałka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Fri Nov 4 14:05:22 CET 2005

Dnia 04-11-2005 o 13:41:57 Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> napisał:

> 2005/11/4, Adam Tlałka <atlka at pg.gda.pl>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just looked at it. It's nice but I think that it should also apply
>> to -dumpmicrodvdsub option too ;-(. Next it is worth adding that
>> subtitles
>> are dumped in utf-8 so if someone wants to use dumped format in other
>> players - not only hardware ones - then codepage conversion is needed
>> too.
>> So not only unix2dos but also iconv should be used to obtain generally
>> usable
>> format which is not what is produced by mplayer.
>
> Subtitles are dumped as they are internally.

Yes and that should be clearly stated in docs.

> MPlayer will not do conversion if subcp is not specified.

Of course, but if subcp is set in .mplayer/config file and subtitles are
dumped
always in utf-8 then dumped file is unreadable now - iconv error.
So it should be clearly written in docs or we should do reverse conversion
while dumping.

Regards
--
Adam Tlałka