[MPlayer-dev-eng] Is legal entity needed for MPlayers assets?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Wed Nov 2 17:21:41 CET 2005

Heyo,

Currently everything that belongs to the MPlayer team is owned
by someone who belongs to the team. This has worked sofar
quite well. But if the one who owns an important portion of
our assets gets unavailable, also those assets might be lost
to the team as there is no way to claim them.

Now i'm asking myself whether we should form a (pseudo) legal
entity that owns those assets or whether we should continue
like we did it until now.

Of course, forming such an entity means a lot of administrative
work and overhead, but it gives some sort of security.
On the other hand, we never had any problems of this kind.

What do you think?

			Attila Kinali

--
wer soviel schoggi isst, kann sowieso nicht dumm sein ;-)
		-- Sandra