[MPlayer-dev-eng] Weird audio with Mac OS X 10.4

Chris Roccati roccati at pobox.com
Wed May 18 21:48:35 CEST 2005

On May 16, 2005, at 21:17 , Chris Roccati wrote:

> The right thing to do, would be to use the AUHAL converters and
> leave the AudioDevice settings alone.
> This works fine for iTunes: with the Audio MIDI Setup, you can
> change the resolution and sample rate on the fly and hear the
> difference in quality...

Hello all,
It's me again, with Mac OS X audio...

This is an experimental patch, that uses the AUHAL converters.
I currently can't test it with Mac OS X 10.3.x, so I leave it here
for testing and discussion. But works fine here.
To build, you also need to add "-framework AudioUnit -framework
AudioToolbox" to the list of frameworks. This is left as an exercise
for the reader. A proper patch will eventually follow.