[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] FreeBSD native byteswap support

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux-list at uol.com.br
Sat May 14 02:35:57 CEST 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:36:03PM +0200, mplayer-dev-eng-request at mplayerhq.hu wrote:
> Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:31:07 +0200
> From: Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] FreeBSD native byteswap support
> To: mplayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu
>
> Hi
>
> On Saturday 07 May 2005 06:13, Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > 	I added some simple patches to allow mplayer
> > to use FreeBSD's native byteswap routines.
>
> may i ask what advantage the *BSD native byteswap routines have over ours?

	Well, I was merely supplying native support. You should be the judge
as to whether you think yours are better. I'll provide links to the
source code of ours.

	The patches for mplayer follows

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/multimedia/mplayer/files/patch-bswap.h
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/multimedia/mplayer/files/patch-libavcodec-bswap.h
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/multimedia/mplayer/files/patch-libmpdvdkit2-bswap.h

	The source code to our native byteswap code lies at

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/alpha/include/endian.h
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/amd64/include/endian.h
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/i386/include/endian.h
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/ia64/include/endian.h

> > 	These patches were done against Player-1.0pre7 and FreeBSD
> >
> > .4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #9: Sun Apr 24 23:26:17 BRT 2005
>
> patches should be against mplayer cvs, though i suspect in this case it wont
> be a problem
>

> > 	Please direct me to the proper mailing list
>
> the libav* patches should have been sent to ffmpeg-devel

	I did send patches to the FFmpeg bug tracker in sourceforge
as well.  Should I have contacted them in any other way?

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature