[MPlayer-dev-eng] Extradata: in sh->wf+1 or in sh->codecdata

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed May 11 12:27:22 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 11:41:39AM +0200, Nico Sabbi wrote:
> >What's the right place to store these informations?
> >In my fixes I used sh->wf+1 because I didn't realize there was sh->codecdata,
> >but now I'm no more so sure....
> >
> >Please, shed some light.
>
> now that I think of it, using sh->wf+1 has the benefit that it makes possible
> to copy extradata when encoding with -oac copy...
> In any case, one of the two structures seems to be redundant

No, codecdata actually is supposed to be data private to the codec, e.g.
when it must remember data from the previous frame etc. At least that's
how I understood it.
You should store it at the end of wf IMHO, and don't forget to set the
size correctly (so it will get into the avi with -oac copy).
Maybe my musepack code can give you some idea how I did it...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger