[MPlayer-dev-eng] demux_mov fix for OSX 10.4

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Tue May 10 07:30:44 CEST 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Gustav Axelsson wrote:

> I believe 10.4 uses a case-sensitive filesystem whereas 10.3 used a
> case-insensitive (but case-preserving) filesystem.

	10.4 uses a case-insensitive/case-preserving filesystem.  By
	moving /usr/local/include/quicktime/quicktime.h aside to a different
	name I was (finally) able to build MPlayer/mencoder tonight.  LOTS
	of multiply defined symbols at the final linking step but the
	executable works.

	Oh, since I installed 10.4 with the "upgrade" method rather than a
	cold install the filesystem was the original 10.3 one ;)

	If 10.4 really was case-sensitive then "QuickTime/QuickTime.h" would not
	match quicktime/quicktime.h.  Alas, it is matching and libquicktime's
	file is being found first.

	Tomorrow I might experiment and see if I can find a way to search
	the system directories first.

> So 10.3 should be able to match quicktime.h with QuickTime.h and 10.4
> should not.

	I think what happened (it's only a theory so far) is that 10.4 changed
	the default search order the compiler uses to look in /usr/local/
	first.  With 10.3.x I hadn't run into the problem because the system's
	"Frameworks" are being searched first.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz