[MPlayer-dev-eng] Frapsvid.dll

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon May 9 14:27:30 CEST 2005

On Mon, May 09, 2005 at 01:34:33PM +0200, Roine Gustafsson wrote:

> On May 8, 2005, at 2:15 PM, faxmodem at free.fr wrote:
>
> >I uploaded frapsvid.dll to
> >ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/fraps/
> >along with the fourcc, and a sample video file.
> >
> >It's cool if someone has the time to look into it
> >It's a video codec used by the excellent directx capturing software
> >FRAPS
> >http://www.fraps.com/ and it doesn't seem to work in mplayer:
>
> I've been trying to make a fraps codec for ffmpeg.
> Fraps videos come in two versions. The old version 0 is uncompressed
> y420. The newer version 2 has some kind of canonical huffman
> compression applied to the planes (my current guesstimate). I have made
> a libavcodec codec for version 0 but not succeeded in decoding a
> version 2. Both have fourcc FPS1.

That's a start..  How about posting it?

> BTW: all the WMV's in the MPlayer FTP archive are *not* fraps videos.
> They are WMV's that were probably re-coded from fraps captures, and
> should be deleted. I've never seen fraps in anything but avi
> containers.
> FLASHPOINT...avi is a version 2. I have a bunch of v0 and v2's
> collected that I can upload. They are 10-30MB each.

I had a hunch they weren't fraps.. deleted.  Please upload your samples
and send me a reminder, I'll move them to the samples directory.

> If anyone feels like re the v2 I can give you the info I've found so
> far.

You should talk to Mike Melanson (CCed), he is interested in fraps and
started some research on his own, just look at his blog post on the
subject:

http://multimedia.cx/eggs/index.php?p=20#more-20

Diego