[MPlayer-dev-eng] Blue background

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Sun May 8 10:36:44 CEST 2005

Hi,

Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 05:59:12PM +1200, keithcsl wrote:
> > We are using the -wid option, which embeds mplayer in an application.
> >
> > We noticed that just before the video clip is played, the screen
> > flickers a blue screen (very short, in milliseconds).
> >
> > We would like to change the default color to black.
> >
> > Can someone point us to the direction in the codebase? We have searched
> > for this option in the mplayer manual, but there is seems to be no
> > options to change that color.
>
> Look for -colorkey

  If you are using vo xv which could be the case as blue isn't
MPlayers internal default for colorkey you must tell vo xv to
use and set mplayers default colorkey.

This options would set it to black for example:
-colorkey 0 -vo xv:ck=set

To the other developers:
  I am currently thinking about making vo xv by default use
the mplayer internal colorkey for more consistent behaviour.
But at least in the past, it always used the key set in Xv.
IOW comments are welcome.

  Alex (beastd)