[MPlayer-dev-eng] I would like to make a donation

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat May 7 18:02:32 CEST 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 12:35:10PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/7/05, Michael Wang <mwang25 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Mplayer team,
> >
> > Thanks for making such a great product.  I downloaded an RPM version
> > of mplayer and it works!
> >
> > I would like to make a small donation to thank you for your efforts,
> > but I really can't buy you a 1U rackmount server.  I was thinking of
> > just giving you some cash or a small present from Amazon.com.  Other
> > websites have a link to their paypal account or to an Amazon.com gift
> > registery.  If you put something like that up on your web site, I bet
> > many more people will thank you for your efforts.  I know I will!
>
> Our website features a donation page already (which you probably have
> seen already) : http://mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/donations.html
>
> You may not know to whom you may donate. IMHO, you should donate to
> members who haven't received anything yet:

Also, if you have a particular feature you'd like to see improved or
implemented, donate the stuff that you think will help get that done.
I.e. if someone wants a particular device, and you want that device to
be supported by MPlayer better, donating that to the person who wants
it would be a good idea. :)

Rich