[MPlayer-dev-eng] I would like to make a donation

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat May 7 12:35:10 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/7/05, Michael Wang <mwang25 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mplayer team,
>
> Thanks for making such a great product.  I downloaded an RPM version
> of mplayer and it works!
>
> I would like to make a small donation to thank you for your efforts,
> but I really can't buy you a 1U rackmount server.  I was thinking of
> just giving you some cash or a small present from Amazon.com.  Other
> websites have a link to their paypal account or to an Amazon.com gift
> registery.  If you put something like that up on your web site, I bet
> many more people will thank you for your efforts.  I know I will!

Our website features a donation page already (which you probably have
seen already) : http://mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/donations.html

You may not know to whom you may donate. IMHO, you should donate to
members who haven't received anything yet:

Here's a selection of them with their responsibility on the MPlayer team.
You can find a more detailed list of their contributions here:
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/AUTHORS?rev=1.151&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

D Richard Felker III (video filters, MEncoder, subtitles)
Wishes:

    * Lots of anime DVDs (preferably original Region 2 since encoding
artifacts are minimized) for developing and testing inverse telecine

Diego Biurrun (DOC and website maintainer)
Wishes:

    * LWN subscription
    * DVD drive, preferably SCSI without region code
    * faster notebook (currently using Pentium-MMX 233MHz)

Felix Bünemann (code contributions all over the place)
Wishes:

    * Some Mac (G3/G4) needed for OS/X porting

Michael Niedermayer (Main maintainer of FFmpeg, the author of the
video codec "Snow")
Wishes:

    * 40GB+ notebook harddisk
    * faster notebook (1GHz+, 256MB+, 80GB+, 1024x768+ would be nice)

Nico Sabbi (DVB input support, MPEG TS support)

Wishes:

    * full-featured DVB card (with hardware MPEG decoder) such as
Hauppauge Win DVB-S/T or Nexus S/T or Technisat Skystar1

Nicolas Plourde (OSX and darwin support)
Wishes:

    * any widescreen monitor to improve widescreen support in MPlayer
    * M-AUDIO Sonica Theater 7.1 USB sound card

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet (improved EDL support and translations)
Wishes:

    * replacement DVD drive

Sascha Sommer (Win32 and nVidia support)
Wishes:

    * multichannel sound card
    * GeForce or later nVidia cards for nvidia_vid development, preferably PCI