[MPlayer-dev-eng] [ANNOUNCEMENT] MPlayer OSX GUI

Nicolas Plourde nicolas.plourde at sympatico.ca
Fri May 6 17:21:49 CEST 2005

Hi, Since there is no binary package of mplayer for osx platform
available on mplayerhq
and the most popular front-end (MPlayer OS X) is abandoned, I would
like to make it
an official part of mplayer and host it on mplayerhq.

I have the authorization of the mplayerosx project admin at
sourceforge.net to fork it
and they welcome the idea since they dont have time to work on
releasing up to date
binary anymore.

I have already created build script to make the packaging process
automated and
im working on a cross version build system to support both osx 10.3
and 10.4.
One only need to checkout mplayerosx module from cvs into is mplayer
source
and run make.

let me know what you think. and how about doing it for win32 also?

====
Nicolas Plourde <nicolas.plourde at sympatico.ca>