[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: lavc appears to not function with mpegpes anymore

C.Y.M syphyr at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:36:34 CEST 2005

adland123 wrote:
> C.Y.M <syphyr <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>>In the past, I have always used the following command to play an avi file
>>through my dvb card:
>>
>>mplayer test.avi -vo mpegpes -vf expand=640:480
>

>>I am able to play MPEG and PS files through mpegpes just fine.  Also, AVI and
>>ASF files play fine through X-Windows in Mplayer.  So, I know the ffmpeg is
>>working properly.  The problem seems to surface when I have to "expand" the
>>video resolution and only from command line.
>

> from the output
>

>>VDec: vo config request - 544 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
>>Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
>

> switches your vf filter from expand  to scale see above
>

>>Opening video filter: [scale]
>>Opening video filter: [lavc]
>>VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
>>Movie-Aspect is 1.13:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
>>[mpeg1video  <at>  0x87bd720]only YUV420 is supported
>

> scale filter does not like the YV12 output from VDec ?
>

>>Exiting... (End of file)
>>

> mplayer -vf help lists the filters unsure if you could try another one
> like dvbscale instead
>
> I cant test this myself.
>

>From the mplayer-dvb mail list, this problem has also been reported by another
individual.  He mentioned in his report that lavc was working with mpegpes in
the mplayer-pre7 release.  From my testing, this was working several weeks ago
in the head mplayer cvs branch, but I can not be sure which cvs date is was.
So, I grabbed a copy of the mplayer-pre7 release and built it with a copy of
ffmpeg cvs from 2005-04-27 and ran into the same error.  Therefore, I think it
has to do with ffmpeg, but I cant be certain.

Im mainly trying to narrow down the time it stopped working. Normally, something
like this *should* work (or used to):

mplayer test.avi -vo mpegpes -vf expand=544:480

Best Regards,
C.Y.M.