[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] preliminary x264 encoding help text

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon May 2 21:02:03 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/2/05, Ken Johanson <ken at kensystem.com> wrote:
>  Sorry Guillaume! I was only asking because I personally don't know what
> level of profile(s) support there is.. thought maybe you would know :-)

Please do not send HTML mails here and do not top post (means don't
put you answer before the quoted mail). Otherwise, you're not gonna
make friends here :(

I'm not sure what profile x264 conforms to, but apparently, Google
being my friend:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89979

x264 limitations: "x264 doesn't do any of extended profile or high
profile. (Though "extended" is misleading, since it's all about error
resilience, and is worse in compression ratio than main profile.)
Properly dealing with adaptive interlacing in all cases takes lots of
code. x264 doesn't support interlacing.
There are a few other features not supported..."

Regards,

Guillaume