[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH to support theora-exp in mplayer

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Sun May 1 01:25:54 CEST 2005

Rich Felker wrote:
> These must be read from the demuxer's extradata, not ds_get_packet. If
> the demuxer currently outputs them as packets, it needs to be fixed.
> But otherwise your theora decoder model will only work with theora
> stored in ogg (a very broken format) and nothing else.

Well, then your vd_theora codec is also broken, because it does the
exact same thing. Since I use Theora _only_ in an Ogg container, and
since I have no real concept of how the rest of your demuxer layer works
(nor much time or inclination to learn), you'll have to find someone
else competent enough to make that change if you really want support for
other containers. However, if you guys fix your vd_theora, porting the
changes to my vd_theora-exp would probably be simple enough.

That said, I'd suggest the patch is still worth applying even if you
don't: it's certainly no _worse_ than the existing Theora support, and
provides support for a smaller, more efficient, more featureful, and
more secure decoder library.