[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fade-in filter - video and audio

Guillaume Poirier poirierg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 23:40:15 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 19:19:09 +0100, VJ <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a small suggestion for the great minds who develop MPlayer.
> If I had been a good developer, I would have liked to do it myself.
>    Is there any chance that a fade-in filter be created? If possible
> one for audio and other for video?

You should have a look at the "bmovl" filter. The manpage states you
can do a nice fading effect with it. Does it help?

	<alpha>
	Set alpha difference. If you set this to -255 you can then send a
sequence of AL- PHA-commands to set the area to -225, -200, -175 etc
for a nice fade-in-effect! ;)
	0: same as original
255: Make everything opaque.
-255: Make everything transparent.