[MPlayer-dev-eng] Survey: Master's thesis about communication in open source projects: We need your help

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Mar 25 02:58:11 CET 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 08:24:11PM +0100, Henrik Farre wrote:

> We are a group of 4 master students at Aalborg University Denmark, who
> are writing a thesis about communication in open source projects. As an
> part of this, we are conduction a survey, and we would like _your_
> input, it does not matter if you are a user or a developer, we need
> everybody's input.
>
> If you can spare about 15 minutes filling out this survey:
> http://www.cs.aau.dk/~tomas/survey/intro/intro_mplayer.html
> we would appreciate it very much.

I tried filling it out, but your forms are incomplete and IMO unusable.
Take for example the question:

  How long have you been reading/posting on this project's Forum,
  Mailinglist, Chat, Newsgroup, Code repository, Bugtracker

As answers you offer

  (1: never, 2: <1 year, 3: 1-2 years, 4: 2-3 years, 5: >3 years)

I'm lacking the "does not exist/apply" option, since MPlayer does not have
Forums and Newsgroups.  Few projects have all of this.

Regards

Diego