[MPlayer-dev-eng] postprocessing filters

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Mar 24 12:02:02 CET 2005

Hi

On Thursday 24 March 2005 06:53, Nagendra Rao wrote:
> hai
>
> i am Nagendra,a student from National Institute Of Technology
> Calicut,India.  i've posted this fourdays back till now nobody
> responded. previously  i've posted questions regarding the same topic
> in ffmpeg-devl list and some people suggested me mplayer. i've gone
> thru the vf_pp.c of mplayer and attempted to link the pp stuff to
> ffmpeg.
>
> i am getting the message (i am using cygwin and gdb debugger)
>
> [main] ffmpeg 1600 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to ffmpeg.exe
> .stackdump
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>
> actually the problem is occuring at line 3508 of postprocess_template.c
>
> memcpy(dst + i*dstStride, tempDst + (9+i)*dstStride, width);
>
> here i am attaching the files which i am using.pls tell me whether my
> approach is correct and am i passing the correct parameters
> ??????????/

ive already told u that u must allocate the destination image, u cannot store
things in NULL[x]
AVFrame *dst= avcodec_alloc_frame();
will only give u a AVFrame structure, u must allocate the arrays in which the
image will be stored

int postprocesscall(AVCodecContext *avctx, AVFrame *src )
  src=dst;
  av_free(dst);
  return 0;
is also meaningless, src is a local variable ...

btw, please do not crosspost, forward or repost this, we all get enough mail
already, the correct mailinglist for libpostproc is ffmpeg-devel

[...]
--
Michael

"nothing is evil in the beginning. Even Sauron was not so." -- Elrond