[MPlayer-dev-eng] Does MEncoder support pipe?

Xie Bo bxie at sjtu.edu.cn
Sun Mar 20 14:15:10 CET 2005

> yes it can, please refer to the man page (there is even an example at
> the bottom...)

You mean following
Encoding from a pipe
rar p test-SVCD.rar | mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=800 -ofps 24 -

I want "mencoder ... | ffmpeg -i - ...". I mean I want use mencoder to read *.* file and decoder it to raw video/audio streams and pipe them to ffmpeg for encoding. Because mencoder is good at reading files and ffmpeg is good at encoding files. (Mencoder can not call ffmpeg *audio* codec now and I want to use ffmpeg audio codec amr_nb for .3gp file).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Best Regards,
Xie Bo