[MPlayer-dev-eng] 32x32 tiled output driver

Jacob Gorm Hansen jacobg at diku.dk
Fri Mar 18 21:23:08 CET 2005

hi,

I've created a graphics display system where output is sent as
32x32x32bpp tiles (maps conveniently to 4kB pages). I have created a
simple libvo driver for mplayer, using put_image(), where I convert the
incoming linear framebuffer into my tiled format and then pass on the
result to my display system.

This works fine, but given that I suppose the video-decoding is tiled
already, it would be nice if I could convince mplayer into decoding
directly into my 32x32 tiles. Does anyone know if this is possible, and
if so, how that might be achieved.

Thanks for a great piece of software btw.

Jacob