[MPlayer-dev-eng] Fw: libdvdnav "extended" by ratDVD?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jun 27 10:28:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

This was bcc'ed to me, i guess it should have gone to -dev-eng

			Attila Kinali

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:18:34 +0200
From: "Gamester17" <gamester17 at xboxmediacenter.com>
To: dvd-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: libdvdnav "extended" by ratDVD?

Hi, as you already know ratDVD ("Real Advanced Technology" DVD) incoperates
libdvdnav to display its DVD ('like') menus in Windows (DirectX 9.0)
DirectShow-based players, the author of ratDVD ("Peter Jensen"
<Splinter at ratdvd.dk>) seems to comply with the GPL license by releasing the
source code of his libdvdnav version (which sounds to be loaded as a
seperate executable), he claims to have extended libdvdnav
functions/features and that is what I am wondering about; have you looked at
those extentions?, are they of any interest to you to be ported back into
libdvdnav for Linux?, (so that other projects that use libdvdnav get access
to those functions/features directly from you).

Quote (from http://www.ratdvd.dk/code.htm) "I have extended the dvdnav with
several methods for audio and spu stream control as you can see, if you
compare the dvdnav.h file against
the original file. Additionally I implemented the part_play_auto_stop and
time_search methods of libdvdnav. I hope the libdvdnav team will find these
additions useful. This package contains all the sources for building the
dvdnav library on a windows environment".

http://www.ratdvd.dk/downloads/libdvdnav.zip

Best regards / Gamester17 (a humble indirect end-user of libdvdnav).

PS! Off-topic, XBMC uses libdvdnav so should/could be added your list of
free projects using libdvdnav
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/

--
郷に入れば郷に従え