[MPlayer-dev-eng] DVD code maintainer wanted (was: DVD Navigation in mplayer.)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jun 27 07:52:31 CEST 2005

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:03:43 +0100
James Courtier-Dutton <James at superbug.co.uk> wrote:

> I am one of the authors of libdvdnav.
> I am about to rewrite libdvdnav so that the NAV bit is completely
> separate from the video stream.
> I am doing this so that mplayer might be able to use libdvdnav.
>
> I don't know much about mplayer's api, so could someone please help me
> understand what sort of functions would make libdvdnav compatible with
> the mplayer model.

Apropos DVD. MPlayers DVD code is currently unmaintained.
Ie we are in need of someone who would like to develop it
further, work with people like James together to enhance
the DVD support in MPlayer and the libs it uses and most
importantly, fix the bugs in it.

Please note that you should have some decent knowledge
of C and how to code efficiently. MPlayer is not a project
where you can start right after writing a hello-world-program.
It's not complicated, but definitly not a project for someone
who just learned programming.

We'd appreciate it, if someone out there could help us.

Thanks

			Attila Kinali

--
郷に入れば郷に従え