[MPlayer-dev-eng] Compiling with Intel C++ Compiler?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Jun 21 09:16:42 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 11:32:53PM +0930, mwp at overclockers.com.au wrote:
> Im trying to get the Intel C++ Compiler to compile the current CVS of mplayer.

Just before you invest too much time in this: be aware than icc will
create completely incorrect code for both mp3lib and libmpeg2, so for MPEG2 and MP3
file compiling with icc will make things only slower...

> All goes well until the compiler gets to "libmpdemux/stream.h" with which it has
> a lot of problems (as below).
>
> Is there a quick fix for this, or does this go into the "too hard" catagory?

Looks to me like off_t is defined in a weird way on your system (and you
did mention what you are running...)
Did you configure with --enable-largefiles or without?

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger