[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] swscale on gcc4+amd64

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 14:14:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/18/05, Jindrich Makovicka <makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz> wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Ok, so I guess this fix is not optimal as it produces more spilling
> > that previously.
> >
> > What to do now?
>
> Maybe we could use "p" for x86-64, as it has more general registers,
> while keeping "m" on x86.

Well, part of the patch I sent seems to be only used for the AMD-64
port (the sws part), when the part for libavcodec is shared between
IA-32 and AMD-64. The thing is, leaving "m" on IA-32 should fail with
GCC4, so a different solution will have to be find I think.

Guillaume
--
I should have invented the tape recorder,
that way people would have more quotes of