[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Is it possible to compile mplayer/mencoder as a lib called by other applications?

Robert Ramiega jedi at plukwa.net
Thu Jun 16 18:09:53 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 11:34:19AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 08:08:49AM -0700, Bryan Wilkerson wrote:
> > I've also been toying with the idea of multiple
> > "instances" which would allow apps to play/edit
> > multiple files simultaneously.  As you can imagine,
> > that would change the interface, as each call would
> > require a handle/pointer that mplayer_initialize would
> > return.
>
> Good luck.. MPlayer is full of global vars and crap that's not
> reentrant/multiple instance safe. Fixing this is basically a complete
> rewrite.
 Looks like someone had all the luck.
 I'm Xbox owner and almost only reason i bought it (at least the second one)
is cute app called Xbox Media Center (www.xboxmediacenter.de).
 It's not running windows but it's os is (from what i know) based on W2k and
for sure it uses mplayer turned into dll:
XBMC\system\players\mplayer\mplayer.dll - 5 189KB

 Here is a link to it's CVS repository:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/xbmc/mplayer/

 I might be talking b*sh*t but well it's a DLL and i know next to nothing
about windows or xbox api

--
Just a friendly Jedi Knight     | I find your lack of faith
Robert Ramiega jedi at plukwa.net  | disturbing