[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Is it possible to compile mplayer/mencoder as a lib called by other applications?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:27:16 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/16/05, Bryan Wilkerson <bryanwilkerson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > have therefore starting working on a patch to
> > provide
> > > a lib interface.  I have a version that works on
> > > Linux, but not Windows (I swore off Windows a few
> > > years ago:)).
> >
> > Is it available somewhere? How advanced is it?

[..]

> Attached is the header file.
[..]

Wow! Your code is features a lot of comments. That's a very good
point/assert to get your code included.
I don't know what the other devs are gonna say, but if the rest of the
code is like that, and if it doesn't spread its tentacles everywhere,
well, your chances are high.

Keep us posted,

Guillaume
--
I should have invented the tape recorder,
that way people would have more quotes of