[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio out feature (not a request)

William Man billybahlah at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:03:02 CEST 2005

Hi,

I wanted to ask if there exists a audio out for mp3?  This allows real-time
encoding of mp3 from live streams.

I could not find any reference in the source from the website, so I compiled
myself a version to do this, and can be used like "mplayer inputsource -ao
mp3:file=save.mp3:bitrate=128", it still requires some debugging but it
works (currently only a windows version as it links to the lame_enc.dll)

However, I was thinking of using the current lame encoding in mencoder to
generate a mp3 output for mplayer so the encoding is compiled into mplayer
(and not use any libraries).  Does it already exist and I'm wasting my time,
or is there any reason it isn't implemented (legal or otherwise).

Thanks for any replies.

William