[MPlayer-dev-eng] FLTK GUI

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Thu Jun 9 11:07:02 CEST 2005

Luca Barbato wrote:
> Andrea Palmatè wrote:
> > Someone has thinking to write a GUI using light FLTK instead GTK?
>
> I was thinking about using efl, and seems that somebody went over the
> thinking stage IIRC.

  I met someone on LinuxTag last year, who was developing a
free form skinning lib with GTK2, but switched to EFL on the
way.
  AFAIK his lib is working quite well. I am trying to get in
contact with him again ATM. But AFAICT EFL are not (maybe never
will be?) available on Windows.

  And in anyway it would be good if the official GUI would run
on all(s/all/most/) supported platforms.
  Or the other approach is to drop internal GUI support entirely
and let the rest do what they want through the slave interface.

  Alex (beastd)