[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] CyberLink PowerCinema for Linux

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jun 6 17:53:05 CEST 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 02:31:53PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Sascha Sommer just pointed this out to me:
>
>   http://www.gocyberlink.com/english/companybg/pcmlinuxgpl.jsp
>
> It's a home entertainment system based on Linux, MPlayer, FFmpeg that
> looks quite interesting, although it's difficult to tell whether it is
> still sold.
>
> I haven't tried or checked it out closely, but they seem to honor the
> (L)GPL, there is a big source zipfile for download.

I've mirrored it on mplayerhq.hu since their download link is slooooow:

http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/PCMLinux_GPL_sources.tar.gz

It's a 150MB download, so you might wish to have a look at the unpacked
version:

http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/PCMLinux_GPL_sources

It contains more tarballs and a few patches.  Among them is an
unmodified version of MPlayer 1.0pre7 and an object file in the ffmpeg
directory:

http://mplayerhq.hu/~diego/PCMLinux_GPL_sources/ffmpeg/ff_all.o

Can anybody make heads or tails of this one?  There is no source code,
which they should be distributing alongside the object file...

Diego