[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Re: Re: Re: fast SPP - working code

Nikolaj porosh3 at psu.ru
Sat Jun 4 22:48:22 CEST 2005

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 09:50:55 +0200, Jindrich Makovicka
<makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz> wrote:

> Rich Felker wrote:
>> IMO if it behaves differently from current spp, or has different
>> featureset (I seem to remember this being the case) then we should
>> give it a different name and leave both in place. Otherwise, feel free
>> to commit as soon as the code is confirmed to compile (including on
>> gcc 2.95) and basically work. :)
>
> committed as -vf fspp

Big thanks for fixing! This code was half-autoconverted from vc inline asm
(Intel/nasm syntax). I'm new to the gcc inline asm-writing and totally
don't like it. I just can't read or debug its syntax. Also, gcc turns out
to be not so asm-friendly, I'd also trapped on similar errors you fixed.

I'm planning to rewrite (i)dct asm parts to remove temps[] mem vars (and
probably get some minor speed improvement).
In the output exist some flashing artifact, I will try to find out why &
fix it.
Also, it needs to determine more optimal custom_threshold[] values - I
think there will be different sets for various basic options, like
mpeg_quant. Btw, flat dither[] table (iirc, with value 38) gives better
psnr values (I know, original one often gives better psycho-visual
quality).

--
Best regards,
  Nikolaj                          mailto:nialpof at pisem.net