[MPlayer-dev-eng] N-buffering...

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jun 1 17:39:24 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 01:35:25PM +0200, 4664 wrote:
> Hi. Playing x264 encoded videos on my machine is quite taxing, using
> maybe 80% CPU. But even though I have 20% CPU left I still get jerky

By the way, here are some other tips to solve the problem:
- use a better vo driver (anything but vidix or mga is slow as hell)
- if your file has vorbis audio, compile with tremor in low precision
mode (sounds the same imo)
- if your file has aac audio, add -DFIXED_POINT to the flags in
libfaad's Makefile
- kill any other processes that might be wasting cpu time. bloatware like
gnome, mozilla,etc. is known to waste cpu even when idle.

Rich