[MPlayer-dev-eng] [james at opensourcecafe.com: Fundraising for MPlayer]

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Wed Jun 1 00:29:09 CEST 2005

Hey,

this sounds interesting, doesn't it?  So will anybody design some
T-shirts, mugs, caps, whatever for us?

Diego

----- Forwarded message from James Hunt <james at opensourcecafe.com> -----

From: James Hunt <james at opensourcecafe.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:10:38 -0500
To: diego at biurrun.de
Subject: Fundraising for MPlayer

Greetings,

I am the lead developer and project manager of the Exponent Content
Management System.

While searching for fundraising opportunities for Exponent (outside of
regular donations) my partner, Adam Kessler, and I looked into selling
apparel branded with the project logo.  We found that the amount of time
and money needed to run a web store is prohibitive for many Open Source
projects.  However, through a combined effort of many projects selling
from one store managed by a single group, it could benefit everyone
involved.

Our idea was to open an online storefront and sell t-shirts,
sweatshirts, etc for other projects.  Our new company, Open Source Cafe,
will assume the burden of managing each project's store.  We would
handle order fulfillment and shipping, facilitate e-commerce, and donate
a portion of the profits to the project.

It's really an innovative approach to donations, since we are offering
this service for absolutely nothing.

If you are interested, check out our Affiliates page:
http://www.opensourcecafe.com/affiliates

James Hunt and Adam Kessler
Open Source Cafe

P.S. We found that you were listed as website maintainer for the mplayer
project, but couldn't find anyone designated as the project manager.

----- End forwarded message -----