[MPlayer-dev-eng] where is i_bps set?

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Fri Jul 29 02:34:45 CEST 2005

I've got a problem with MPlayer crashing with FPE when it tries
to play MP3s and FLAC.  The problem has been traced to a couple
of lines where it tries to divide by sh_audio->i_bps when it's
zero.

I proposed a patch that deals with the problem by setting up a
special case for when i_bps is zero, but wiser heads have
suggested that it would be better to find why i_bps isn't
getting set.

All of which is my way of asking where i_bps gets set for WAV.
It should get set at:

	sh->a_buffer_len=MP3_DecodeFrame(sh->a_buffer,-1);
[...]
	sh->i_bps=MP3_bitrate*(1000/8);

in main/libmpcodecs/ad_mp3lib.c for MP3, and I can probably find
it for FLAC and Vorbis (Vorbis and WAV work just fine).

Also, where does init() get called?

--
|Andrew A. Gill                       |I posted to Silent-Tristero and|
|<superluser at frontiernet.net>         |all I got was this stupid sig! |
|Yet: <http://www.needsfoodbadly.com>                 Temporary sig: --

Thanks!