[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-cygwin] Shoutcast in mingw problem

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Sun Jul 24 12:41:18 CEST 2005

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 11:00:29 +0200
Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 08:58:14PM +0200, Alban Bedel wrote:
> > Sound like a great idea, but what about something more "visible" ? Such
> > information could be very useful to a lot of ppl and projects.
> > A wiki about portable coding would be a great thing imho.
>
> There probably is already a lot like this around,

Care to cite an example ? And i'm not talking about those tutorial for
beginner that tell nothing but broad useless generalities. But about a
real reference listing practical facts: things that are not portable
and solutions for them.

> and none of these are
> "visible" at all to anyone who just wants to do some hacking on MPlayer.

Visible from the outside, my point is that such information would be useful
to more ppl than just those working on MPlayer. Even if it's wrote in an
MPlayer centric way. Hence my suggestion to use something that would allow
easier participation/contribution from ppl outside the MPlayer project.

	Albeu