[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Problem compiling mplayer for PowerPC + AltiVec

Alexander Strasser eclipse7 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 12 21:52:30 CEST 2005

Hi,

Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek wrote:
> Hell[o] Alexander,
>
> On 2005-07-11, you wrote:
>
> >   I might be totally wrong, but maybe it was introduced because of
> > some lrintf issues. If it was, then it might be very important.
> >   Not important other side effect of this change: it's causing some
> > warnings in conjunction with g++ invocation, but the compiler ignores
> > it afaict so i don't care.
>
> Short look at cvs log's told me the same. Anyway it seems to droke build of
> mplayer using both 3.4.4 and 4.0.0/1 ...

  Maybe the commiter, jindrich iirc, could make a more precise
statement about what went wrong with lrintf and where.
  I guess it may have to do with gcc not inlining lrintf.
If that was the problem it may probably also be fixed locally
for the files the problems occurred ( with #defines maybe ).
I think we had such a problem already somewhere else.

  I must admit i am still a bit busy with exams, so please
don't mind a bit longer reply times...

  Alex (beastd)