[MPlayer-dev-eng] Dxr3 and AU1200

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon Jul 4 09:59:40 CEST 2005

Matej Kupljen wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can please somebody explain in a few words, how does MPlayer "know"
>that it doesn't have to re-encode stream if it is in MPEG2 format, when
>you use Dxr3 as output device.

when the video of the original stream is in mpeg1 or 2 video
(IMG_FORMAT_MPEGPES fake colorspace, IIRC)
the first decoder tried is vd_mpegpes. If it succeeds the video is
passed-through unaltered

>I'd like to know if it would be possible to write a plug-in for
>VO device for AMD Alchemy processor, which has a special engine
>called MAE (Multimedia Acceleration Engine). It supports
>hardware iDCT, ... basically a lot of operation needed for
>MPEG2/MPEG4/WMV decoding.
>How hard would this be, for a (relative) newbie in MPlayer?
>
>More information about AU1200:
>http://www.amd.com/us-en/ConnectivitySolutions/ProductInformation/0,,50_2330_6625_12409%5E12410,00.html
>
>BR,
>Matej

I hope will release the code as gpl :)

 Sponsor:
 Niente paura, da oggi puoi recuperare i dati persi dal PC, semplice come cliccare qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=3361&d=4-7