[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] subtilte problems on linux

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 19:30:03 CET 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:11:55 +0100
lode leroy <lode_leroy at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks...
> I have some problems to report about mplayer.
> (I reported them to player-users, but I guess that was not good)

if you read bugreports.html in the DOCS, it says -users is the correct place
for bugreports, also what mplayer version are you using?

> first problem: no subtitles. The DVD I tried to play was 'the english
> patient', dutch version.
> The DVD menu does list "Dutch" for the available subtitles, but selecting it
> didn't work.
> (also -slang nl or -sid 0 did not work).
> fix: I downloaded the subtitles as SRT file and used that.

try -sid 1 or 2 or mplayer -v dvd:// for a list of subtitle/vid/aud streams
or maybe -slang de ?

> second problem: when using pgdn/pgup to find back the correct scene after a
> break,
> I noticed that the subtitles were no longer synchronised with the movie,
> although I found
> how to correct this using z/x, but I think this should be fixed as well.
> (about 2000 ms delay was needed) Any ideas as to what causes this?

dunno about this.

> third problem: after about 1-1/2 hours, the SRT subtitles re-started from
> the beginning,
> must be some  overflow of a timer somewhere...

open your srt subtitles in a text editor, do the times reset in the middle?
this happens on some srt, dunno if its srt problem or mplayer bug.