[MPlayer-dev-eng] Multicast video streams.

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Sun Jan 30 12:56:04 CET 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:03:22 +0100, Reimar Döffinger
<uvhe at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

>> I wrote a patch a while ago to add a mcast:// URI handler and with some
>> other small changes multicast raw udp MPEG-2 TS was working well.
>>
>> Unfortunately I haven't had time to look at it recently. I'm attaching
>> the patch in the state it is, as I won't have time for this soon and
>> using the attached patch it should be fairly easy for someone to get
>> this working.
>
> Could you please create a unified diff (diff -u) ? That's the only
> really useful patch format...

Apologies. It was created using cvs diff, just to see what was still
in this old tree. I didn't realise at the time that cvs diff could
take all the usual parameter. Please find attached a unified diff.

I've removed the demux_ts parts. I couldn't see many cosmetics apart
 from those.

It was six months ago when I worked on this. I've been using the mcast
syntax on and off since, so it should work, but please don't expect
to just apply and run. Especially because I was insterested in UDP
MPEG-2 TS retreived with Kasenna RTSP. You might want to extend the
formats that can be received and most likely remove the KASENNA
define.

Dermot.